We’re certain that we’re all experiencing the same challenges during this tumultuous time. A tool to feel calm right now is to make our spiritual practice a priority. Here’s our top 5 spiritual books recommended to help ease the mind and enlighten our spirits:
- The Power of Now : Authored by Eckhart Tolle this book recognizes how we are preoccupied with the future, or burdened by the past and urges us to come back to the present moment. It also teaches us to go beyond the mind-consciousness to the true self; for letting go of the mental insanity is the first step to enlightenment. It is also great for people on the hunt for a self-help book that will alleviate depression and anxiety.
- The Alchemist: Paulo Coelho's enchanting novel has inspired a devoted following around the world. A simple read, yet contains powerful emotions, interesting and deep characters with spiritual lessons to absorb. It’s full of specific wisdom as well, about becoming self-empowered, overcoming and believing in dreams.
- Letter to My Daughter: Through a series of candid essays, Maya Angelou writes to the daughter she never had, and in effect opens up to the millions of fans she gained over the years. Through stories of her tumultuous youth, motherhood, loss, and personal growth, she provides a lesson on what it means to learn to be fulfilled despite life's curveballs.
- The Untethered Soul: The Untethered Soul-begins by walking you through your relationship with your thoughts and emotions, helping you uncover the source and fluctuations of your inner energy. It then delves into what you can do to free yourself from the habitual thoughts, emotions, and energy patterns that limit your consciousness. Finally, with perfect clarity, this book opens the door to a life lived in the freedom of your innermost being. By Michael A. Singer.
- Super Attractor: Gabrielle Bernstein lays out the essential steps for living in alignment with the Universe. This book is a journey of remembering where your true power lies. You'll learn how to co-create the life you want. You'll accept that life can flow, that attracting is fun, and that you don't have to work so hard to get what you want. Most important, you'll feel good. And when you feel good, you'll give off a presence of joy that can elevate everyone around you. After reading this book, you will know how to fulfill your purpose: to be a force of love in the world.